The Technivorm Moccamaster KBT741 is one tall drink of water. Equipped with a thermal carafe to keep brewed coffee at the optimal temperature without resulting in any burnt flavors.
The KBT741 is one of the few drip brewers certified by the Specialty Coffee Association of America (SCAA) to brew at optimal temperatures. Taste the difference side-by-side and you will see what we mean. Constructed in the Netherlands, the Technivorm Moccamaster is a precision coffee brewing machine!
Features and Functionality
- Brewing Temperature – Water temperature rises to 198-205°F for brewing, with a holding temperature of 176-185°F to ensure consistently delicious flavors.
- Even Extraction – Designed to evenly spread water over your coffee grounds for skillfully balanced flavors. This efficient brewing cycle is completed in five to six minutes.
- Durable and Replaceable Parts – Built with a copper boiler, backed by a five-year warranty, and sold alongside easily replaceable parts so that your machine can be maintained for years to come.
- Cone Filters – Uses type #4 cone filters, giving you a choice of paper filters or the reusable Gold Tone Filter.
- Water Level – Made in the Netherlands, the Moccamaster KBT741 measures its cup sizes a little bit (1.75 oz.) smaller than the US standard cup of coffee.
- Thermal Carafe – Keep your coffee hot without slowly cooking it over a burner! But for those who prefer not to taste that subtle hint of stainless steel, check out the glass carafe version: Click here to check out the glass carafe version.
- Gold Standard Coffee – Coffee tastes ‘sooooo’ much better when brewed at the correct temperature, and with the right equipment! With this level of attention to detail, you can taste the difference.
- Hot Hot Heat – One of the few coffee makers out there that will consistently brew at 200°F a temperature certified by the SCAA to create premium flavors.
- Copper Boiler – Designed for optimal heat distribution inside the boiler, the use of copper material comes with the added bonus of increased durability and longevity for your machine.
- No Internal Clock – Many coffee machines come with internal clocks that will start up for you in the morning – but often that also means having to leave your ground coffee out overnight! It may be less convenient to take these steps in the morning when you wake up, but the taste of your morning coffee will outshine the process.
- Industrial Design – We’ve heard it before, and we’ll hear it again: “What even is that weird pillar thing under the water tank?!” Although it may appear to be unutilized space–in truth, that’s where the copper boiler is kept. Practical application aside, many people feel that this tall pillar looks a bit out of place.
How Does it Compare? We have numerous comparison videos, and you know we love this one, but your needs may vary.
A Note About Coffee & Cups
Let us break it down for you: Although 8 ounces equals a cup in the baking world, a US cup of coffee is measured at 6 ounces and a European cup of coffee is measured at 4.25 ounces. This is why we sometimes list ounces to paint a more accurate picture of capacity.
Tips and Tricks: The Technivorm KBT741 can “pre-infuse” by moving the brew-pause lever down for around 30 seconds before brewing. Be sure to move the lever back to the open position to avoid a messy situation.
|Reservoir Size||42 ounces|
|Max/Min Ounces per Pot||42 ounces maximum|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||5 minutes|
|Available Carafe Styles||Stainless Steel|